Mark is a New York Emmy nominated video editor with over 25 years of experience in Marketing and On-Air Promotion. He works in Creative Cloud, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Audition. Mark specializes in fast-paced, kinetic Marketing video that breaks through. In May of 2009 Mark completed a Master’s Degree in Media Studies at the New School University in New York. Mark currently works at Altice USA.
Altice USA – Optimum Marketing
Lead Video Editor, Creative Services
Long Island City, NY 7/13-present
Provide video support for the Altice USA Marketing Department for major ad campaigns, sizzle reels, web initiatives, and short and long form promotional pieces.
- Edited monthly Direct Response and Video On Demand TV and internet campaigns in-house, allowing the company to save hundreds of thousands of dollars a year from out-of-house agency expenses.
- Played integral role in the September 2013 launch of Optimum Channel, Altice USA’s Barker channel, which airs Altice USA promotional content and tutorials, as well as network programming content.
- Create workflows for Optimum Channel’s What’s On on Final Cut Pro 7, Avid Media Composer and Premiere Pro CC, providing up to 7 hours of content a month. Trafficking, transcoding, assembling and delivering marketing assets from HBO, Showtime, Discovery Networks, A&E Networks, Scripps and others, creating 30-minute What’s On programs.
- Animate visual treatments, type animations and re-created User Interface screens using Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Creative Cloud.
Cablevision – MSG Varsity
Video Editor/Producer, Creative Services
Woodbury, NY 12/09-7/13
Video editor for Cablevision’s Tri-State area high school sports network’s creative services department, editing topical promotions, cross channel campaigns and sizzle reels.
- Created visual style and overall tone for network generic and program specific On-Air Promotions in MSG Varsity’s first year, creating looks using Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, After Effects and Motion software.
- Wrote, produced and edited network and cross-channel promotional campaigns for High School Sportsdesk, High School Journal, MSG Varsity Game Time and online initiatives School Spirit Mania, Mascot Dash to the Desk and Summer Stars.
- Highly productive while working under tight, daily deadlines for topical promotions, regularly juggling various projects simultaneously while working with multiple creative changes.
Atlas Media Corp.
Associate Producer, Art Attack with Lee Sandstead
New York, NY 5/08-10/08
Produced and provided graphic support for one season of Travel Channel show, creating animations and still graphics using Photoshop, Illustrator, Combustion and After Effects software.
- Researched, acquired and catalogued archival materials, including stock video and high resolution images for eight half-hour episodes of the Emmy nominated Art Attack, which aired on The Travel Channel.
- Wrote and post-produced two-minute segment to run on travelchannel.com.
Staff Writer/Producer, On-Air Promotions
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 6/96-12/06
Wrote and produced promo campaigns, network generics, sales tapes, program specific reels for increasing promotional content.
- Conceptualized, wrote and produced various promo campaigns for CNBC Television. Promos have aired on CNBC, NBC, MSNBC, CNBC World, CNBC Latin America, Bravo, USA Network and Sci-Fi Channel as part of NBC Universal Marketing Council Initiatives.
- Created promo campaign for CNBC’s Peabody Award winning documentary The Age of Wal-Mart: Inside America’s Most Powerful Company.
- Produced numerous sales tapes including CNBC program specific reels and Upfront Promotional presentations.
- Produced numerous cross-channel promotions including network image spots, program specific generics for Mad Money, Squawk Box and topicals for The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch, Dennis Miller and National Geographic Explorer, which have aired on NBC during The Today Show and NBC Nightly News as well as various cable affiliates.
- Produced and developed 2002 Press Reel for network re-launch featuring entire network line-up complete with program titles and tune-in information. The Washington Post reported on this press tour video and touted the tape “really slick”.
- The New School University, New York, NY, 1/07-5/09, Master of Arts in Media Studies
- William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ, Graduated 8/96, Bachelor of Arts in Communication
HONORS & AWARDS
New York Emmy Nominations
- Nominated for New York Emmy Award in Best Editing: Sports category in 2011.
- Nominated for New York Emmy Award in Outstanding Community/Public Service (PSAs): Single Spot category in 2012.
Promax Sports Media Marketing Award
- Won Silver at 2010 Promax Sports Media Marketing Awards in Marketing Presentation: Internal/External category.